Patterns

Monday, December 19, 2016

More pins

I am restoring this hairpin doily for a friend.  She inherited it from a relative and wants to keep it for her daughter.  The knots closing a few rounds have come undone so I used invisible thread to mend the rounds.  I washed the doily and started pinning it out but 50 pins are not enough.  So tomorrow I will stop at wool-tyme to pick up more pins.  The outside round wants to bunch so I'm going to pin each section to get a smoother result.  So maybe I'll buy 2 packs of pins.

5 comments:

  1. She must be a VERY good friend. I hope she appreciates how much time and effort this takes. Specially with invisible thread. You're a STAR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your patience! So nice of you to mend this for her. Invisible thread isn't easy to work with, but a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always fantastic to see a restoration with lace. It is beautiful and kind of you🌹💟🌹

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite an undertaking! I look forward to seeing the final results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's interesting. Someone asked me to restore a tatted doily of her mother's. I've been procrastinating because I couldn't imagine how to go about it. Now I wonder if invisible thread could be put to use! It will also require a lot of pins to block.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......