Patterns

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Found it! Finally

A couple of months ago I warned about the dangers of cleaning/organizing. In that post I mentioned losing black beads and crystals needed to finish a necklace. Good news everybody! In a frenzy of cleaning (in honor of a weekend visit from my mother) I finally found the beads and crystals.


Now I don't want you to think that I never clean or that I haven't cleaned my house since November. Its just that I try never to look at anything tax related until March/April. As part of my cleaning I looked through my receipts box and found my beads! I can now finish the necklace. Also found was the cheque book for my Sparks unit (girl guides). I can now pay for our cookies.

Despite the way it sounds I am an organized person and my Sparks unit is quite financially sound. I just have a different filing system...and tend to panic when my sister (clean freak) comes to visit.

In defense of my disorganization my house regularly gets turned upside down when family comes to fix up my poor house. Thank God for Family but not so thankful for the mess each construction adventure brings. For example I'm not sure if I'll be able to get dressed tomorrow because we built a closet this weekend. (by WE I actually mean my Mom and Dad) Some of my clothes are in the front bedroom and some are in the back bedroom. No laundry was done this weekend because of the construction efforts. Don't worry, I have lots of clothes and I'll find something. I also have a lovely new closet to fill once I get all the sawdust cleaned up.

My adventures with my house makes me really appreciate handy people/men. As they say on the Red Green Show- "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy".

1 comment:

  1. LOL I love that quote from the Red Green show!!! havent watched it in awhile though. Good for you finding your beads. and as for the not getting dressed its always a comfy day in your pjs

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......