Patterns

Thursday, September 17, 2009

To Market, To Market...

To market, to market, to buy a fat pig,
Home again, home again, jigity- jig;
(Mother Goose)

When I was a little girl and we went to away for a day or longer my mom would always say that poem just as we could see our home. So now I'm home safe and sound but busy trying to catch up to whatever happened when I left. Fortunately, I had a great time at Palmetto's and came back with enthusiasm for everything...even changing the kitty litter (maybe that's taking it too far).

My mom and I figured that we drove approximately 3900 km for the entire trip from Ontario to Myrtle Beach to Winnsboro and back. It was definitely worth the trip to attend the Tat days! I had a great time and everyone I met was great! Thank-you so much to the volunteers who worked tirelessly to make this event happen. I'm sure you are all exhausted but please don't stop. Give bribes, take hostages, or use blackmail but please don't stop.

There's just too many things to think of right now but there was lots going on. You never had a reason to be bored. There is no experience like sitting around talking to other tatters about tatting. Just for tips and tricks alone you can't beat it! I have so many more tools to use and thank-you to everyone who shared their ideas. If you have never been to a tatting seminar its definitely worth the drive to attend one in your area. The first one is the scariest, especially if you have to drive more than a few hours. After that you're hooked...just like crack!

I may or may not have gone beyond my original purchase list but I have a pile of stuff that I brought back. There's a huge pile on my table. I couldn't resist buying more hand dyed thread and goodie bags rock!

My mind is spinning with knots.

4 comments:

  1. I am hoping to go there one day everyone says it is a great time. I am glad you made it back safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm glad you had such a great time! It really is a worthwhile event in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victats! Glad to hear you had such fun. I am going to my first event in 2 weeks time and your post has got me sooo excited! Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping to hear a little about the Palmetto Days from big sis when I see her this weekend. Thats if she gets back to the UK!!!!
    Sounds as though you had a great time too!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......