Patterns

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I thought I posted this a week ago

I thought that I hit post for this a week ago...but I guess I forgot to post it.

This is the doily I was talking about in the last post. For whatever reason it started cupping after the 5th row. I'm talking a 90 degree turn. I suspect that it has something to do with that row of rings only. I don't tend to have cupping issues with my doilies.

I started to do the doily because it was a test tat for placemats that I was going to make for my sister in law for Christmas. Everyone needs placemats right? So, there I am tatting away when my friend Sal says to me: "you're not making that for me are you?" I said no, and explain about what I was doing. She says "do YOU like that color? does Linda like that color?" Basically, she thought the color was ugly but didn't want to say it outright. I think that's the point when the doily became cursed. The color below is not exactly accurate but its basically a lavender color. I never did make the sets because I realised that color maybe an issue here. What if I make something and they are never used because the recipient doesn't like the color? That's alot of work to sit hidden away in some drawer. Now, I will admit that its not my favorite color but I don't think its hideous. I have it sitting out in my house and it looks nice.


3 comments:

  1. I think the color is beautiful! I agree, though... I wouldn't want to put that much effort into something and then have it sit in a drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I don't know how I missed this doing the tatting blog rounds earlier. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! I'd be proud and honored to have something that beautiful, specially made for me.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......